Right here in Austin, our summer time has (shocker) been considered one of constantly excessive temps. However amidst the cooling off with cocktails and warmth wave-specific cooking, I’m preserving my baking behavior alive and cranking up the oven. The very best factor I’ve been baking these days? These gluten free dairy free pumpkin muffins, in fact.
It is likely to be an unpopular opinion, and whereas the autumn/winter is definitely the most effective season for baking, the attract of those simple, gluten free dairy free pumpkin muffins makes me significantly prone to a summertime bake-off. I’ve discovered myself whipping them up a number of instances every week, as a result of prepared or not, fall is true across the nook. And after these have been devoured in lower than two days, I can affirm: I’m glad I made a decision to activate the oven in August.
Plus, in the event you clicked on this text then it’s protected to say I’m not the one one priming myself for fall. Whereas I like a summer time frame of mind 12 months spherical, I’m able to embrace the whole lot this subsequent season will deliver: coziness, baked items, and naturally, all issues pumpkin. So even when it’s a bit early, what higher method to welcome fall than with some gluten free dairy free pumpkin muffins?
Our High 10 Recipes
Signal as much as obtain a FREE E-BOOK of my high 10 hottest recipes of all time!
Thanks for Signing Up!
Seems to be such as you’re already signed up or your electronic mail handle is invalid.
Seems to be such as you unsubscribed earlier than click on right here to resubscribe.
Banana and Pumpkin: A Successful Combo
Banana AND pumpkin? Signal me up for any baked good that includes this successful mixture. These muffins have all of it—they’re a fast fall baking recipe that checks all of the bins. These muffins are wholesome, simple to make, fluffy, moist, and will be ready in a single bowl. Plus, they’re refined sugar-free and solely calmly sweetened with maple syrup and coconut sugar.
These muffins are good for breakfast in your busiest mornings or as a fast afternoon snack to gasoline the remainder of your day. Belief me, you’ll desire a batch of those gluten free dairy free pumpkin muffins able to seize and go in your kitchen at any time when the candy craving strikes.
What You Want for Gluten Free Dairy Free Pumpkin Muffins
I like a one-bowl recipe that comes collectively rapidly. These muffins require only a handful of moist and dry substances you could combine up in a single bowl and pop within the oven in lower than 20 minutes. I wish to maintain many of those substances available for at any time when I get the itch to bake. An excellent gluten-free flour, floor flaxseeds, dairy-free milk, vegan butter, and coconut sugar are staples in all of my recipes.
- All-Objective GF Baking Flour. My favourite is from Bob’s Crimson Mill.
- Almond Flour. The pure oils in almond flour add moisture to baked items.
- Floor Flaxseeds. You’ll use these to make a flax egg (for the uninitiated, scroll all the way down to the recipe for directions).
- Dairy-Free Milk. I used unsweetened almond milk, however any dairy-free milk ought to work.
- Pumpkin Puree. A staple in my pantry through the fall months. You need to use the leftovers for smoothies, pancakes, and extra!
- Vegan Butter. I favor Miyokos.
- Banana. A ripe banana with brown spots will work greatest for this recipe.
- Maple Syrup. I at all times use a splash when baking for added moisture and pure sweetness.
- Coconut Sugar. Evenly packed brown sugar works, too.
- Vanilla Extract. A small however mighty ingredient!
- Fall Spices. Cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice are the dynamic duo on this recipe.
- Baking Powder. I at all times use just a little further (two teaspoons) when baking gluten-free to assist the muffins rise.
The Secret to Baking Moist Gluten-Free Muffins
Many bakers wrestle with preserving their gluten-free baked items fluffy and moist (nobody desires to chew right into a hockey puck, in spite of everything). However you may keep away from dense and dry sweets with a number of easy suggestions and methods. On this recipe, the banana and pumpkin puree not solely give the muffins texture, however assist deliver moisture to your muffins as effectively. I at all times mix my base flour (on this case, Bob’s Crimson Mill 1:1 All-Objective Baking Flour) with almond flour to keep away from overly-dry muffins. The flax egg helps maintain the muffins collectively so that they aren’t overly crumbly.
The hardest a part of this recipe is patiently letting the muffins cool earlier than diving in. This helps them maintain their form and texture.
Ideas For Making These Gluten Free Dairy Free Pumpkin Muffins
- I topped my gluten free dairy free pumpkin muffins with coconut sugar and rolled oats, however chopped nuts or a swirl of nut butter are each scrumptious choices as effectively.
- When you don’t have bananas available, applesauce can work as an alternative. And don’t fear: the flavors will nonetheless provide all the autumn vibes.
- Serve your muffins heat with vegan butter or your favourite nut butter of alternative.
- Add in chocolate chips in the event you favor a sweeter (virtually dessert-like) muffin.
- I often retailer these muffins within the fridge for as much as 5 days, however in addition they freeze effectively for as much as a month.
- I like making a double batch earlier than a busy week. Merely retailer one batch within the freezer for simple defrosting within the microwave everytime you’re craving one thing heat and comforting.